Login | Register

East Texas Man Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria

Posted on 3/3/2014 by with 0 comments

Flesh-eating bacteria killed a retired postal worker who contracted the deadly bug out fishing on a Texas lake.

Travis Lee Moore, 74, thought nothing of it after scraping the tip of his finger while angling with four of his brothers on Lake Conroe in mid-February.

But, two days later, the former Chester firefighter was taken seriously ill.

Rushed to hospital, family members initially believed the great-grandfather had suffered a heart attack.

After he died on Feb. 28, the autopsy revealed that the bacteria — called necrotizing fasciitis — had infected his finger after the scrape, reports KHOU.

The germs then spread throughout his body and rapidly killed off the surrounding tissue.

His brother Robert Moore, however, said he “wasn’t entirely convinced” that the infection set in during the fishing trip.

 

Go to this article

 

 

 

Leave a Reply