Login | Register

North Texas Expected to be Hit by More Tornadoes

Posted on 5/21/2013 by with 0 comments

A cap of warm air parked over Tarrant and Dallas counties Monday evening seemed to shield the area from damaging weather to the west.

But today, North Texas may be in the direct path of a new round of storms.

Today “will be a bigger day for us than today,” said Jesse Moore, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service office in Fort Worth. “Unfortunately we have lots of moisture still in place and storms will be sliding into our area.”

The forecast calls for a 60 percent chance of rain in the afternoon and 40 percent at night.

Also, Moore said, “We have a chance for large hail and damaging winds. And there is a potential of isolated tornadoes.

“Hopefully it won’t be as bad as Oklahoma.”

 

Go to this article

 

Leave a Reply